Hang Va Expedition
Hang Nuoc Nut and Hang Va are extraordinary caves that were discovered in 2012. To see them you will need to hike, stoop through the entrance, use ropes and traverse rivers, both inside and outside of the cave.
Every aspects of the trip is carefully planned, including delicious meals, the highest safety standards great adventure guides.
This tour explores Hang Nuoc Nut on the first day, with beautiful formations, enormous passage and river. There is some tough terrain to negotiate to the campsite at Hang Va entrance.
Day 2 is the highlight of the expedition. It is more technical and ropes and harness are involved and the water in Hang Va cave can be chest high at times. The very rare formations that you will see and photo opportunities make this all worthwhile!
Phong Nha – Hang Nuoc Nut - Hang Va jungle camp - Hang Va – Phong Nha
- 10km jungle and mountain trekking, rocky terrain
- 3km caving in river caves (cold water, waist deep)
- Elevation gain is 150m (between road and mountain top)
- 20m traverse using rope and harness
Adventure level: High
This tour requires a good level of fitness and stamina for steep trekking and caving on uneven and slippery surfaces, immersion in chilly water and sections of technical caving.
What to bring:
- 2 x Long shirt and trousers and good trekking shoes
- Close weave trekking socks (not ankle socks)
- A change of clothing for in camp including sandals
- A travel towel or Sarong (not the room towels please!)
- Personal toiletries, sunscreen, hat, insect repellent etc
- All food, water and camping equipment
- All entrance fees, transport, guide and porters
- All caving equipment and safety gear
Tour departs at 8.00 am returns 5:30pm
Children under 16 are not able to participate in this trek
This tour has a strict cancellation policy. You must arrive in Phong Nha and pay for the tour by 6pm the night before departure