Immerse yourself in the magic of remote rural Vietnam, between the coast and the mountains. This region of northern Central Vietnam is newly discovered by tourism, mainly due to the discovery of spectacular caves in the area. Take yourself on a trip into a photographer’s paradise.
The Farmstay's French Colonial style accommodation opened in 2010, set in the idyllic surroundings of rice paddy fields on the edge of the famous Phong Nha–Ke Bang National Park, just off the Ho Chi Minh Trail. It is the ideal base for wild adventures that you have only dreamed about… or simply take time to experience local village life or chill out in a hammock by the pool. And all of this at an affordable price.
We are a small hotel consisting of private double and twin rooms and family rooms, all with newly renovated private bathrooms, with some rooms adjacent to the swimming pool and others overlooking the surrounding rice paddies, farmlands and mountains.
We no longer have dormitories as they were moved to Easy Tiger Hostel in 2013.
The amenities and services at the Farmstay include:
- 24 hour check in
- 24 hour security staff
- Multilingual staff - English, Vietnamese, French and a bit of Dutch and Afrikaans
- Licenced International Tour Company with Licenced Guides
- Full bar and restaurant facilities. Food served all day with daily food and cocktail specials
- Breakfast included in the room rate
- Room serviced daily
- Swimming pool
- Pool table
- Weights and gym equipment
- Outdoor Cinema and live entertainment
- 2 separate shower facilities for early check-ins and late checkouts
- Free bicycles to see the local area, with free maps and rescue services if needed
The Phong Nha Farmstay and outdoor lantern house at night. Photo: Ronald Fritz